Using railcards on Loco2
Railcards are cards you can purchase annually to get discounted train fares. Loco2 supports many of these cards, so if you have one and we support it, you can buy discounted train tickets through Loco2. Note that railcards themselves cannot currently be purchased from Loco2.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Types of railcards:
Railcards tend to fall into three separate categories (not exclusive):
- Senior cards - for passengers 60 years or older. (We have a separate article on senior discounts and railcards.)
- Youth cards - for passengers in their early teens to 25 years old.
- Disabled persons cards - for passengers with disabilities that make traveling by train difficult.
Depending on the operator, there are also card options for families or groups of two (National Rail), frequent travelers (BahnCard), and service personnel.
List of railcards supported by Loco2:
- France - Carte Senior+ (senior), Carte Escapade (weekend), Carte Jeune (ages 18-27) and Carte Jeune (ages 12-17), Carte Enfant+ (under age 12)
- Germany - all BahnCard options.
- Spain - Tarjeta Dorada (senior) and Carnet Joven (youth).
- Thalys - ThePass (Business, Premium and Weekend).
- UK - all National Rail options. Note that GroupSave discounts can also be applied via the rail cards menu.
How to use your railcard on Loco2
- From the search page, click "Add railcard" below the search bar.
From the drop-down menu, select your railcard. You can add multiple card types to one search.
When you conduct the search, the tickets will be discounted according to the card regulations. If the card has been applied, this will be noted on the right next to the price.
Note that when traveling, you must have your railcard with you or you will be liable to pay the full undiscounted fare for your journey.
List of railcards not yet supported by Loco2:
Loco2 is looking into supporting these cards in the future, and is building the necessary relationships with rail operators to do so.