Renfe train ticket collection
Renfe train ticket collection from self-service machines is simple. This guide contains step-by-step instructions for collecting Spanish rail tickets.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Which tickets can be collected?
- Tickets for journeys within Spain on the Renfe network.
- International trains to/from Spain.
- Local and sub-urban services like Cercanías or Rodalies.
All Spanish rail tickets purchased on Loco2 are issued as print-at-home tickets. But, they can also be presented on mobile devices.
It is possible to use the reference number ("localizador") from the ticket PDF to collect domestic Spanish tickets at the Spanish station before travel. However, this only works for journeys within Spain, not for international tickets.
Where to find Renfe ticket machines
Renfe self-service machines can be found at the majority of stations across the Spanish rail network. They feature the Renfe logo and are usually purple.
Collecting tickets - Quick guide
- You can collect ticket from any Renfe station that has facilities, not just at the departure station.
- Tickets are usually available to print a few minutes after your online booking is complete.
- Your payment card is not required for picking up Spanish rail tickets.
- To collect your tickets, you will need your booking reference, also called “PNR” or "Localizador".