Refunding your ticket
If you've booked a ticket that permits a refund, you can request one in your account as described below.
IN THIS ARTICLE
How to refund your ticket
- If you've booked refundable tickets, you can request one in your account. It only takes a minute and you'll get instant confirmation!
Even if you didn't register for an account when you placed your order, if you sign up with the same email address later you'll find previous orders stored in the new account.
Your trips in your account. You'll see a list of your upcoming journeys.
- Find the order you want to refund and review its fare conditions to see the refund options and applicable fees. Select "Check cancellation options" to specify the changes you want to make and request a refund.
- Select which journeys and passenger(s) you wish to refund, and select "Calculate refund".
- You'll see a breakdown of your ticket price, cancellation fees and refund due. Click "Confirm" to proceed with the refund.
- Once you confirm your refund, you'll receive an email confirming the details. You'll also see a note alongside the cancelled ticket. Your payment card will be credited immediately and the refund will show in your account within a few days.
Claims for non-flexible tickets
Your refund options depend on the fare conditions of the ticket you booked and not all tickets are refundable. As an agent, we are bound by the fare conditions that are set by the rail operator, so in the vast majority of cases, we can only change or cancel your order if the fare conditions permit it.
Under some exceptional circumstances, for example the hospitalisation of a passenger on the date of travel, or death of a close relative, we may be able to obtain a refund on your behalf by submitting a claim. See Submitting a claim for non-flexible tickets for further information.