Checking in for Eurostar
IN THIS ARTICLE
When to check in
How early you check in for your train depends on your travel class:
|Traveller type||Minimum time before departure|
|Standard||30 minutes (45 mins on weekends and bank holidays)|
|Standard Premier||30 minutes (45 mins on weekends and bank holidays)|
|Eurostar™ carte classique holders||30 minutes (45 mins on weekends and bank holidays)|
| Business Premier
|| 10 minutes
|Eurostar™ carte blanche holders|| 10 minutes
|Travellers who need assistance boarding the train. See Eurostar's advice for those with special travel needs page for more information.||Please allow an extra 30 minutes in addition to the check-in time listed above|
|All travellers for direct Avignon or ski services||Please allow 1 hour to make sure you have time to load ski or snowboarding equipment|
* Eurostar carte blanche members may take one guest through Business Premier check-in on weekdays and up to 4 guests on weekends.
Check-in at Brussels opens once the previous service has departed, so advanced check-in time will vary.
What is required at check-in
- Eurostar passengers require a valid passport or identity card. You will pass through UK, French, Dutch or Belgian customs depending on the journey you are undertaking.
- Non-EU passengers are responsible for checking if a visa is required for travel, prior to purchasing tickets.
- Children under 4 years old travel free with Eurostar, so they don’t have to be included in your booking and won’t require a ticket. They won’t have a luggage allowance or a seat, so they will need to sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. However, all children will still need their own passports.
Collecting Eurostar tickets
If you have collect-at-station tickets that you’re picking up on the day of travel, be sure to leave a little extra time in case there’s a queue. Our Help article contains detailed instructions for collecting Eurostar tickets.
Manual check-in for Deutsche Bahn tickets
If you have a Deutsche Bahn ticket that includes travel on the Eurostar (for example a London Sparpreis fare), you will need to go to the manual check-in desk. Simply present your print-at-home Deutsche Bahn ticket to staff, who will print a boarding pass for you.
- You don’t need to check in luggage as long as it's within your allowance. There is no luggage weight restriction on Eurostar; you just have to be able to carry your bags onto the train. See our luggage requirements article for more information.