Italy: Engineering works
Engineering works are taking place in Italy, affecting various services.
Please note that this information is provided by the rail operator and cannot be guaranteed by Loco2.
A complete list of works can be found on the Trenitalia website. Below is a selection of services which are subject to delays and cancellation:
- Bologna - Faenza; Lecce - Milano; Bolzano – Roma until 5 June 2017. You can find details of the changes here.
- Siracusa - Catania - Messina/Roma; Cancello – Sarno until 6 June 2017. You can find details of the changes here.
- Bologna – Parma until 9 June 2017. You can find details of the changes here.
- Modica – Caltanissetta until 10 June 2017. You can find details of the changes here.
- Ancona-Pescara-Termoli; Pescara-Sulmona until 10 June 2017. You can find details of the changes here.
- Palermo - Catania - Siracusa until 30 July. You can find details of the changes here.
The Paris <> Venice Thello is also affected by the engineering works on certain dates. You can find more information in our article Italy/France: Engineering works affecting Thello services.
What to do if you think your journey will be affected
We recommend checking the status of your train using the Live Departure Board on the Trenitalia website prior to travel. Some more information and useful tools can be found here (Please note that these services are provided by the operator and cannot be guaranteed by
If you have tickets for onward travel on trains which are scheduled to run as normal, refunds and exchanges are only permitted as per fare conditions. We recommend that you submit a claim to your travel insurer if you miss connections or incur any additional costs.
What to do if you experience a delay
If you experience a delay to your journey, please speak to staff on the train or at the station who are likely to have the most up to date information about how to proceed.
If your journey is delayed you should seek to have your ticket validated by a member of staff as proof of delay as this will ease your passage on subsequent services. Please retain all tickets for the duration of your journey, and keep them until you return home. If you incur any unavoidable additional costs (new tickets, taxis) you should keep all receipts; these may be used as the basis for a claim upon your return.
We are sorry for the disruption in your travel. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.