Spain: Granada to Antequera long-term engineering works
Engineering works are scheduled on the line between Granada and Antequera throughout much, perhaps all, of 2017. During this time, buses will replace trains on the line west from Granada to Antequera.
- Routes from Granada to Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Ronda and Algeciras are affected. The trains from Granada to Guadix and Almeria are running exactly as normal.
- The train services from Seville, Madrid, Barcelona, Cordoba to Antequera will run as normal where passengers will need to transfer to a bus for the final part of the journey to Granada. The bus transfer takes between 70 and 85 minutes.
- A replacement bus service is in place between Antequera and Granada. Travellers heading to or from Loja San Francisco will have a special minibus service.
- Please note that the bus replacement service continues to appear as a train journey in Loco2 search results.
- Pets and bikes are not permitted on the bus. There is adequate space on the buses for luggage.
- Affected services are expected to be open for sale about 20 to 30 days before departure.